Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bad Beat

No I'm not talking about Color Me Badd and their wicked trans-cultural grooves. Although as I say this I must ask myself why eff not? C'mon you all know "I Wanna Sexxx You Up" rocked your socks. I guess that will go in the memory banks for a future post. This one is about poker and the innevitable bad beats.

Last night Rodney King would have been glad he got off so easy if he witnessed what happened to me. Someone call the LAPD, I was violated in such a way to conjure images of Elizabeth Shue assuming the fetal position in Leaving Las Vegas.

Ok enough of the pre-amble stuff heres the lowdown for you poker afficianado's to cringe at... bare in mind this happened in consecutive hands.

Hand #1
Position: button
Pocket cards: QQ... I raise and one caller
Flop: Queen, Deuce, Five
(check, check)
Turn: eight (rainbow community)
(i bet a pot sized bet, raise all-in... immediate call by me)
He shows pocket deuces.... QQQ vs 222. I am now 97% favourite to win the hand.
River: Deuce
Me: Ouch. Rebuy :(

Next Hand
Position: late
Pocket Cards: AA... I raise, one caller
Flop: Ace, 6 clubs, 7 clubs (one of my aces are clubs)
(check, raise by me, called)
Turn: K clubs
(check, bet by me, called)
River: 10 Clubs
(check, Bet by me... raise all-in... I call with an acehigh flush as my trip aces were counterfeited)
He shows 8 clubs, 9 clubs...
straight flush. Ouch. Busted again.

One more hand of note earlier in the night... I had QQ vs JJ, called an all-in preflop. $340 pot, flop comes out: 8,9,10 rainbow. turn 9. river 7. Ouch.

The moral of this story, bring KY to your next poker game, you never know when you're gonna need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home