Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Irrational steps



As I stand 351 Metres above the earth, I step out onto a glass floor. Rational... this engineering and architectural marvel hosts thousands of visitors each and every day. These visitors come in many shapes and sizes, none more sure of this fact than the 6 year old kid lying face down on the glass floor directly in front of me. Rationally, there is nothing to fear, this GLASS floor was built for this very purpose. I take my first step into the abyss and all rationale abandons me. My feet take baby steps, as if on thin ice, arms held outward and shame is nolonger a concern.

I take a picture, engage once again in my dimuntive stride towards the concrete structure directly right. Irrational? Sure. A little fear of the unknown is a large step to self preservation though as long as you remember to keep moving forward.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... nobody leaves comments so I'm bucking the trend. Acting outside the norm, making waves. Being weird is pretty much a good summation of what I am getting at here.

Yours Truly,
Danny Chapman

8:53 PM  
Blogger Janine said...

ok ok I'll sign your blog! Despite the fact that mine still stands void of any Daniel Chapman comments! I actually like it, this post in particular, with no special reason. Keep up the good work as will I!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home